Full Circle Podcast Episode #21, Wibberty Wibberty Woo is available from the main site.
In this episode, why do we need Ubuntu? The desktop versus the cloud
Full Circle Podcast is also a proud member of the Tech Podcasts Network.
- OGG 35.0Mb
- MP3 23.6Mb
Runtime: 68 mins 23 seconds
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
Show notes after the jump.
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/, @robincatling on Twitter)
- Ed Hewitt (blog at http://www.edhewitt.co.uk/, @edhewitt on Twitter)
- Dave Wilkins (…has a Fischer-Price toy. @DavidAWilkins on Twitter)
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard
01:25 | WELCOME and INTRO
02:16 | SINCE LAST TIME
- Dave: academic and military
- Ed: finishing the academic year, work, travel, weighing up Chromebooks. Watching proceedings of the WWDC conference.
- Robin: blogging about CyanogenMod7 and trying Chromium-OS using both Hexxeh (failed) and Dell build (success).
06:53 | REVIEW: Full Circle Magazine Issue #49
- Ronnie’s Thunderbird article p.20
- Smithie’s opinion on Netbooks, p.26
- Ed’s Revenge of the Titans review p.40
- Ed: The open question ‘I Think’ article on Unity. p.27
- Robin: Daniel Holbach’s article on Ubuntu development, p.17
015:26 | NEWS
- Major issue with lack of Android updates
- 30 Days with Ubuntu, an article series by Tony Bradley at PC World
- Software Centre changes planned for 11.10
- Pitivi removed from Ubuntu default apps
- Further default apps discussion, computer janitor now gone
- Ubuntu 11.10 release schedule published
- Linux 3.0 on the way. Linus Torvalds ups the version number for no other reason than it’s the third decade of the Linux kernel
- Ubuntu 11.10 Alpha-1 released to an expectant world
- Asus EEE-PC to ship with Ubuntu pre-installed
- Canonical Launches Ubuntu-Ready Hardware Certification (Big news! Does anyone outside the village care?)
- The Five Pillars Of Ubuntu Server 11.10 laid out as a roadmap for the server community
35:51 | OPINION: Why do we need Ubuntu? The desktop versus the Cloud.
56:27 | GAMING: Trine. Although it killed Dave’s laptop. Or maybe Dave killed Dave’s laptop…
59:39 | FEEDBACK: Call to action – anyone an expert in protecting yourself and your Open Source project against copyright and patent issues.