Full Circle Side-Pod Episode Twelve: We’re Like the Sugarbabes is available from the main site.
In this episode, the old crew re-unite: Wilkins, Catling and Hewitt! With our most packed set of show notes ever!
Running Time: 1 hour 35 second
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/, @robincatling on Twitter)
Culture-vultures can also go to Everything Express at http://everythingexpress.wordpress.com/
- Ed Hewitt (blog at http://www.edhewitt.co.uk/, @edhewitt on Twitter)
- Dave Wilkins (blog at http://davidalexanderwilkins.blogspot.co.uk/ and on twitter @DavidAWilkins)
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard
01:38 | WELCOME and INTRO
02:32: | We’re like the Sugarbabes
Catch up with missing Sugarbabe Alan Pope (Popey) on Google+ currently eating Danish at UDS.
05:32: Out with the old, in with the new (podcast crew)
We’re like the Sugarbabes, according to Ed.
07:43 | SINCE LAST TIME
Since last… year.
- Dave is back to reality from Oxford
- Ed is back to Uni from Porsche
- Defected to Windows 7
- Open Office/Libre Office vs. MS-Office
- Everybody’s using Google Drive
- Dave’s Compiz rant
- Good news for Linux gaming – Valve Linux Blog
- Catling’s broken Linux rant followed by Dave’s answers:
- My Unity may or may not be continuing development
- Unity Revamped (ppa:ikarosdev/unity-revamped)
- Incidentally, Windows 8 is Not-Metro
- Dave actually reads Full Circle issue 65
- A recommended font Open Baskerville font
- Google Music Player for Android and Nuvola desktop client
- But remember its all better than Windows Vista!
23.22: Gadget Roundup
- Ed is still on the original Samsung Google Chromebook
- And has a Nexus 7 tablet
- Dave and Robin recommend the Clay Tablet. The Ancient Babylonians weren’t wrong.
- Let’s play the eco-sphere drinking game!
28.15: And breathe…
- Robin got a Lenovo G580 Core i5, 6GB, 750HD
- and Samsung Galaxy S2
- Dave has a Galaxy Nexus S
- As we all know (but Dave doesn’t) the Nexus 4 is out soon
- So Dave and Ed have an argument (Python fans sing along)
- Dave is still on the Aspire 1620 – cue Daves rant about the sound not working
42.13: Google Current, anyone?
- Dave asks what is Google currents for?
43.55: Still on ‘Since Last Time’
- Robin has been messing about in the dressing up. Cue Mr Benn.
- The Full Circle Special Edition 11.10 and Unity is still available.
- Ubuntu Quality Assurance Team always needs volunteers
- Ubuntu 12.10 so far
57.23 | FEEDBACK: How to get in touch with us
57.59 | WRAP and OUTRO
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR; Send us a comment to email@example.com.
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip of no more than 30 seconds and sending it to the same address.
Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this forum or podcast series.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
- Opening: ‘Knights of the darkness’ by Zero Project
- Main theme: ‘CCMixter’ by Code
- Incidental: ‘Funkorama‘ by Kevin MacLeod
- Incidental: ‘Techno-dog’ by Unknown, original recording royalty free under Creative Commons v2
- Opening dramatic dialog by Dave Wilkins and Robin Catling, from 2001: A Space Odyssey