Ever get tired of ‘Twitter-this’, ‘Facebook-that’? The truth is this is where the world is going in ever increasing numbers. If you want to attract visitors to your on-line brand, you’re invisible if you’re not on Twitter and Facebook.
Ubiquitous through the availability of light-weight apps on every device on the planet, these two represent the binary stars around which every other social network orbit.
Don’t believe us? A quick look at the numbers from the second half of 2011 may convince you:
- Over 1.5 million pieces of content are shared on Facebook – daily
- 25% of search results for the world’s top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content
- Approximately 1 in every 13 people on earth are active Facebook users
- The number of Twitter users increases by 300,000 every day
- Twitter users send 55 million Tweets per day, or 640 per second
- Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 months (the user base passed 750m in 2011).
Whatever you do to increase brand awareness and web-site traffic, you can’t ignore Twitter and Facebook.
Social networks are attracting and /retaining/ more visitors than ever, so not only do you have to pull them in, you have to keep them coming back. We’ll take a look at some methods to do this in future posts. AJS
Image: BigHugeLabs Social Network