It’s been possible to create a Facebook page for a business or organisation for a while. It just wasn’t easy to administer a page; hard to find controls, settings scattered about, not intuitive, not easy to find… you get the idea.
Want to add other Facebook users as admins or editors to a page? Take a deep breath…
Until the most recent make-over of Facebook pages actually produced an improvement! All the page settings have been pulled together in one place, where you can find them – and they’re almost self-eivdent. How’s that for a Facebook usability good news story?
- Sign in to Facebook.com as the admin for the page.
- Click on the settings cog wheel icon; select your business page uder Use Facebook as…
- Click on Edit Page, Settings, then Roles
- Enter the Facebook login or email of the person you want to add to your account. Select the appropriate user role for the privileges you’re going to assing them. Select Save.
- It should ask you to enter your password to authorise the change in prvileges.
- All done! The person should appear on the Admin Roles list for the page. Check that person the right privileges. RC