Our esteemed colleagues over at TalkTalk issued a cunningly un-disguised sales pitch for one of their products recently; it’s on a protected link, so feel free to ignore that! What was more useful was the advice in the sidebar for staying safe on-line over the coming holiday season.
Six things you can do:
- Avoid buying things from unfamiliar websites
- Be wary of clicking on competitions on Facebook and Twitter
- Make sure you recognise who’s sent your e-cards before you open them
- Don’t give out your personal information unless you trust the site
- Don’t let the kids download games, films or music from illegal sites
- Remember that if an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is