Article originally appeared on social media, Philippa Hammond @TalkingSpeaking, June 2015
Skype interviews – top tips coming up…
- Skype interviews with video: they can see you…
- dress for business, remove everything from the background.
- keep your hands still and resist the urge to fidget. Sudden rapid movements distract attention from your message.
- a soft front light makes you look better and healthier than harsh side or overhead light. Try it, and study the resulting photos.
- the camera picks up downcast & flickering eyes. Put brief notes up near the camera, not down on the desk; talk to camera, not to their image on your screen.
- practice with a friend and record the results. Get feedback and make adjustments so you’re ready for the real thing.
Good luck! PH
Image credit Communication by Sebastien Wiertz, Creative Commons